YOUR FIRST DECISION WHEN BUYING A STRIPPER POLE
|Should you buy a cheap $100 pole or a quality pole? Unlike cheaper models, the Flirty Girl Stripper Pole has been safety tested and approved to be fully capable of supporting your body weight (up to 180 lbs) when properly installed. The pole is made of beautiful highly polished aluminum that looks great, is light weight, and easy to install all by yourself! The high polish shine also gives the pole an authentic look and feel so your routines can be extra sexy!|
|CHOOSING BETWEEN A CHEAP $100 POLE OR A QUALITY POLE|
|This is your first decision in choosing a stripper pole that fits your needs. If you only want to use the pole for one time use like a party, then you might consider buying a cheap $100 pole. But Buyer Beware: because you get what you pay for!
Looking for a Quality Pole? Click here to learn what features are most important when selecting a Quality Pole
What to Watch Out for When Buying a Low-cost Pole: Not all low-price poles have all of the issues listed below, but these are the things to watch out for.
• Doesn't Support Full Body Weight: Most cheap low-cost poles don't support your full body weight. If it doesn't support your body weight, then you can't perform any kind of spin or even lean on the pole in a sexy, seductive pose (unless of course you wish to risk injuring yourself).
• Loose Joints: The joints are loose on many of the cheap poles. This can make the connection wobbly and the pole may inadvertently spin at this point causing an error in your dance move or worse you could fall or get pinched by the joint!
• No Safety Testing: Some of the cheaper stripper poles may not be safety tested or safety rated. Before purchasing any pole, you should look to see if it has been safety tested or safety rated and make sure this rating is higher than your body weight. This is imperative if you are planning on using your pole for serious pole dancing. Many of the sexier pole dancing routines require you to perform spins where you are elevated and supported by the pole. Safety testing tells you that the pole can support you during these spins.
• Poor Construction: Just about all of the cheaper low-priced poles are painted or chrome-plated. This may look good at first, but after time, wear and tear can cause the paint or plating to chip off, which will look terrible and may make the pole even harder to grip! Painted surfaces also look cheesier and don't come across as sexy because they lack the quality polished silver look of a professional pole.
• Height Limitations: Many cheaper poles are not adjustable to fit ceiling heights from 7 feet 11 inches to 10 feet. If you have an unusually tall ceiling many of the cheap poles won't even work in your space. Having a completely adjustable pole makes it very versatile and you don't have to worry about being disappointed when your pole arrives because your ceiling is too high or low.
• Does Not Use High Quality Materials: None of the cheap poles are made of high quality aluminum. 6061 grade aluminum, which is commonly used for construction of aircraft structures and yachts, is an ideal material because it is strong, light and provides the right surface so you can do all the sexy spin moves gracefully. Aluminum is much lighter than steel so it is easier for a woman to maneuver on her own, so it's easier to install and/or take down and put away.
• Beware of Cheap Installation Techniques: Some cheaper stripper poles are constructed to install without any screws or bolts: This may seem ideal because it doesn't require you put a bolt in your ceiling, but it actually can make the pole less safe. These cheaper poles often apply the shower curtain rod construction and can be quite annoying to keep in place. Other poles have a large plate that helps to protect the ceiling, but when you take down the pole, this plate sometimes sticks to the ceiling and could fall on your head and cause an injury. With the Flirty Girl pole, you only use a ladder once to install the discreet ceiling mount (which takes the form of a ceiling hook that looks like a plant hanger when not in use) and then you can easily remove and re-install your pole without any trouble or without the risk the cheaper poles have of coming loose.
Here are a few of the low-cost poles that you'll find on the web:
Carmen Electra's Electra Pole: Comes in 3 slot-together peices, spring loaded, only extends to 8' 6" tall,
made of chrome steel
Peekaboo Original Pole Dancing Kit: Comes in 3 slot-together peices, spring loaded, only extends to 8' 6" tall,
does not support full body weight
My Sexy Little Stripper Pole: Comes in 3 slot-together peices, possible loose joints, spring loaded,
only extends to 8' 5" tall
Erotic Private Dancer Pole: Comes in 2 slot-together peices, spring loaded, pink powder coating detracts from proper
hand gripping, very visible ceiling mount, requires a ladder every time you want to take the pole up and down
Pole Aerobics Dancing Pole Kit: Slot-together sections, spring loaded "shower rod" design, only extends to 8' 6" tall,
made of chrome steel