HOW TO CHOOSE A QUALITY POLE
This is your first decision in choosing a stripper pole that fits your needs. If you only want to use the pole for one time use like a party, then you might consider buying a cheap $100 pole. But Buyer Beware: because you get what you pay for!
What to Watch Out for When Buying a Low-cost Pole: Not all low-price poles have all of the issues listed below, but these are the things to watch out for.
- Doesn't Support Full Body Weight: Most cheap low-cost poles don't support your full body weight. If it doesn't support your body weight, then you can't perform any kind of spin or even lean on the pole in a sexy, seductive pose (unless of course you wish to risk injuring yourself).
- Loose Joints: The joints are loose on many of the cheap poles. This can make the connection wobbly and the pole may inadvertently spin at this point causing an error in your dance move or worse you could fall or get pinched by the joint!
- No Safety Testing: Some of the cheaper stripper poles may not be safety tested or safety rated. Before purchasing any pole, you should look to see if it has been safety tested or safety rated and make sure this rating is higher than your body weight. This is imperative if you are planning on using your pole for serious pole dancing. Many of the sexier pole dancing routines require you to perform spins where you are elevated and supported by the pole. Safety testing tells you that the pole can support you during these spins.
- Height Limitations: Many cheaper poles are not adjustable. If you have an unusually tall ceiling many of the cheap poles won't even work in your space. Having a completely adjustable pole makes it very versatile and you don't have to worry about being disappointed when your pole arrives because your ceiling is too high or low.
FEATURES OF A QUALITY STRIPPER POLE
- Supports Your Full Body Weight: A quality pole needs to be very strong for supporting your full body weight during pole spins. Stainless steel, brass and other materials can be constructed to support your body weight, but you should always verify the pole has been safety tested and rated to support your body weight, otherwise you won't be able to do spins on the pole.
- Lightweight & Removable: A pole should be lightweight making it easy to install, easy to maneuver, and easy to take down and put back up.
- Durability: Does not scratch very easily, with a shine that lasts for years of use. Painted poles can chip and brass poles can turn black and corrode with time.
- Easy to Clean: Many of the pole surfaces are easy to clean including aluminum, stainless steel, painted and chromed.
- Quality Installation: It's obviously important that your pole should not move from the ceiling or the floor while you're using it, otherwise you could fall and get injured. Most quality poles (those priced $200 or more) have good anchoring plates and/or install directly to your ceiling. Shower rod designs are less secure and are found on many of the cheaper low-priced poles. The most important thing is to make sure the pole was safety rated based upon the entire installed pole. For example, the base plate was tested as part of the safety rating, the ceiling mount was tested as part of the safety rating, etc. All the parts in the assembled pole need to be included in the safety testing because your pole will only be as strong as it's weakest link. If the ceiling mount will only hold 50 lbs, then it doesn't matter if the pole in the middle holds 200 lbs. You should verify before purchasing any pole that the safety rating is for the entire assembled pole.
PURCHASE A QUALITY STRIPPER POLE
Flirty Girl Fitness Poles are no longer available. However, if you are interested in a dance pole you can use at home, we have found an excellent product that is sold in the US and Canada, called the XPole. This pole can be used with any of our DVDs. To order your own, please click below to visit the XPole website
FLIRTY GIRL PREVIEW TEASER PACK
With the Flirty Girl Teaser Pack, you can try our popular DVDs and learn some of the world's sexiest dance moves from videos, club dancing and even exotic dancing and turn them into fun, fat-burning routines that anyone can do!
FLIRTY GIRL DVDS & ACCESSORIES
You can order any of our DVDs or exercise accessories individually, just click below to see our online catalog!